Monday, April 2, 2012

Summer Sandals

Dainty studs. The ankle strap makes for a very wearable sandal. Dressy enough for wearing on a night out but they're flats so you can also wear them to the corner store at 9a.m. when you realize you're out of coffee.



Casual Studs. These are my version of beach flip flops. And take the trash out shoes.
Simple. I like the lil' wedge.
These are as "Calvin Klein" minimalist as I can usually get on purpose.



 
Classic thong sandal. The buckles toughen it up.

The mint color is good but after scrolling through lookbook.nu for about .5 seconds...I'm 'bout over the color. Good thing this sandal is offered in other colors that don't remind me of 18 year olds posing like models at their "scouted" locations in clothes they may not like but all the other popular bloggers wear it...all whilst making the title of said photoshoot something reeeeeaaal corny incorporating the word mint.

oh...too much...? ;)




White and Beige.
Okay....maybe this is my most "Calvin Klein" minimalist pick on purpose.
I reallllly like these guys!
The laced up buckled ankle strap/plain and braided straps/studs.
A little too much going on you say....yeah maybe.
But my problem with summer clothes is how easily boring they can be when it's 100 degrees outside.
This way the little jamboree! on my feet will deter from the fact that I'm wearing jean shorts and a black tank top....again.

Colorful thin straps.
I would wear these to bring out a color in a piece of clothing but since there's no way that all the colors would be in said article..it would make the ensemble look no so matchy matchy.
Good enough for me.




Leopard.
It's always relevant and always good.


These are Nike sandals...
..........
Which means they are athletic sandals. These two words just shouldn't go together,
They make me think of old dudes wearing socks and Tevas.
BUT!! These are streamlined enough that they could be..dare I say....chic!?
I think if you live in a city where you walk a lot or you're in a situation(i.e., sight seeing/at a theme park/etc) where comfort is more important than fashion..then these are a compromise that won't make you shudder with shoe grossness...yup..shoe grossness, that's a technical term.



All of my finds via urbanoutfitters/zara/nordstrom
and are $100 or less.

No comments: