Sunday, January 15, 2012

Freck!


See through "Chanel" style suit. Her underpinnings were black pleather dominatrix style.
I immediately fell for this combo!

Cutout bandage dresses.
*Also I loved in order to make the military tank top futuristic..they just wore a black racerback tank top backwards..and TADA! Its a future outfit!

Check out "Number Six's" shoes! They look familiar!

Another cutout bandage dress--midi-length.

Check out the high-low hem! and yet another cutout dress.

Lazer cut leather top with matching skirt with sequin hologram panels.
This seems like a combination of looks from past seasons from Chanel.


Battlestar Galactica
Tricia Helfer as "Number Six"

I've always been a fan of period(i.e., historical..not the romantic comedies that get you through the day of debilitating cramps in bed) TV shows and/or movies. Usually I go for victorian/edwardian/elizabethan era. I adore all the work that goes into period pieces. I always look for the authenticity of the costumes...making sure closures are accurate(NO ZIPPERS!), the underpinnings are correct for the time portrayed, etc etc.
I recently started watching Battlestar Galactica. I'm not a science fiction fan at all but heard good things about the show.
From the first episode, I realized the costumes were just as much fun to dissect.
And..realized how much fun it would be to have such creative freedom to predict the way people dress in the future.
I also saw many details that lead me to believe that some of our most beloved fashion designers are currently inspired by this show as well.
I'm only on the third episode and have seen so many correlations to modern trends.
I can't wait for what I see next.

Sorry for the rant.
I won't be doing that much on this blog but I thought it was really interesting.

XO
Liz

No comments: